Saturday, October 23, 2010

Removing the wheels

Ok.  This usually doesn't go so well for me.  I had some problems with my Tomos doing this.  This looks more confusing because the maxi has 2 gears and 2 chains.  The rear wheel should already be loose since I loosened it to get the main drive chain off.  

I basically took my hand and released tension on the little gear arm and the chain came right off.






After the chain is loose, note the notch where the rear tire mounts to the swing arm.  Slide it off of that and the rear wheel will be free to come off.



Now that the wheel is off, remove the little gear arm that puts tension on the pedal chain.  One bolt should do it.  Note the washers and where they are on this.



Next, remove the front wheel.  Note the washer positions, etc.




Crappy picture... but there is 2 screws (one on either side of the front forks) that hold on the front fender to the forks.  Remove them and off it comes!




Here is what the maxi looks like now.  All that's left to do is remove the forks, pedals, swing arms, and rear tail light.  Then, it's time to de-rust, etch, and coat the gas tank.  Then, finally, sand, prime, and paint this thing.





Oh, I almost forgot to remove the wire for the rear tail light.  Details on this soon...




1 comment:

  1. Well done, simple and to the point. Thank you for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete