Saturday, October 9, 2010

The teardown

So it begins.  


This is the last time it will look like this...



I didn't know where to really start, so I took off the seat, rear shocks, and book rack.  Two bolts easily removed the seat.



Seatless Maxi...


I then removed the 2 nuts holding the rear book rack...  The front of the book rack (closest to the seat) is actually held on with the top seat bolt.



The shocks were a little confusing at first, but I got it.


I just took a couple wrenches to the bottom of the shocks.  That freed them up s I could un-do the top next.




It is one long "axle" type pice of metal with two independent round headed nuts that held on my shocks to the frame.  Remove one of the nuts and slide the axle through the hole.


There was a rusty spacer type piece on the right.  Catch that before it hits the gorund.


Seat-"less" and Shock-"less" Maxi.



Next, I took off the carb and high flow air filter so I can disconnect the electrical.  Not going to post a step by step since you should be familiar with that if you're even attempting to tear down a moped.


I left the intake on until I removed the coil so I could access the nuts on the intake.  I just left the throttle cable hanging for now.  Remove the spark plug boot from the plug if you haven't done so.


I only had 1 bolt holding on my coil (tsk tsk).  Note... it has a ground wire attached to it.


Disconnect the wire heading to the wiring block and set the coil aside.








No comments:

Post a Comment